Sunday, February 17, 2008

whales

We went whale watching the beginning of February during our staff retreat. In the truck on the way there it started to rain. We were sitting in the truck bed, it was hilarious!! Good thing we had a tarp with us to cover up with, though I am sure we were a sight driving down the road.me, Kate, and David
Weston and Cara


The other pictures are of us on the boat as we went out to see the whales. (Look at Cara for a good laugh). If y'all remember, I did the same thing last year with Alexia, Keith, Jennie, and Miguel. This year though it was a little more sketchy. The boat we were on was a lot smaller. It started pouring whenever our journey started, so we all put on these huge yellow rain jackets. Somehow they did not keep us dry.

It was supposed to be a three hour tour to see the whales, we were all a little nervous about the down pour though. I started singing the theme song to Gilligan's Island. It made everyone laugh.

We had a great time. I saw whale tails (pictured), which I didn't see last year. Though we totally weren't following regulations of whale watching, and we were never informed of any whale information. I told everyone the few things that I remembered though.

All in all we had a really great time, another adventure that I will always remember.

No comments: