Monday, April 13, 2009

crying

So, a main part of my job is meeting with the children once they have been sent out of their class. Yes, I am the dreaded Ms. Crockett, where students spend their In-School-Suspension. And when a teacher sends them to the office, that usually means mine.

I have two students with me now, one who's mom is coming to pick him up because of behavior issues. I talked to him about how he needs to get it together, and he started crying. Though it sounds weird, when I get them to cry it usually is a great thing. It means that they realize that they were misbehaving and know they need to improve.

I feel like Michael Scott from The Office when he said that if can make his employees depressed then he's doing his job. Granted, if I my job performance was like that of Michael Scott I would have some issues, but truthfully I really do feel victorious when I can get the students to cry.

No comments: