Sunday, June 07, 2009

daughters of esther

While working at Yellowstone, I had the duty of spending time with the 4th and 5th grade girls once a week, a mentoring of sorts if you will. The group was called Daughters of Esther, a program which had started the year before.

So, the Spring semester (when I came in) included times of team building exercises dealing with trust and team unity. We also had a unit on honoring God with our bodies. They made booklets that contained verses from Psalm 139, and learned about how they are beautifully made, the P.E. coach even came in and did a class on sex education! Scary, but it went so well!! Other classes we just spent time hanging out and playing games.

Here are some group shots towards the end of the semester.

1 comment:

Lauren Ashkar said...

Yay! Camille I finally looked up your blog since you've been back from the DR...sorry it took me so long! I LOVE the pic of you on the top! love you friend, lauren