Thursday, August 19, 2010

settling in

So, for the past week or so I have been thoroughly enjoying settling into my new place. I still don't have internet set up, and still not sure if I'm going to have cable (right now there isn't even a tv).

Regardless, everything has its place. Things acquired from Spain, Morocco, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Mexico fill my apartment, instead of boxes in the garage. This makes me very happy.

I also bought a car, which I will save for another blog.

In-service at school has been going on the past couple of weeks, and the kids come on Monday!

(I thought about having people over tonight to see the new place; I don't know what I was thinking!)

Needless to say, it has been very busy as of late! And all without internet to document! My internet in the classroom hasn't worked since I've gone back to school either, so... that's cool...

This weekend I am making myself break away from being consumed with school, and heading to Austin for Leticia's send off to NYC!!

When I get internet I'll post pictures of all the things listed above. I can't handle going to book stores, or coffee shops, or my mom's house every time I need to get online! Any recommendations for the best provider? Comcast, AT&T, Clear? Thoughts?

No comments: