Wednesday, December 13, 2006

bananas out the wazoo

Alexia and I made banana bread to give out to a few of the women in Pancho Mateo last night. On our way back into Puerto Plata, we bought 21 bananas (and 3 avocados) for a grand total of $1.88 (60 pesos). Pretty good deal if I do say so myself! The women loved the bread too which was great. One even asked when cooking classes were going to start up! It was a humble, but pleasant end before the Christmas break. One more day of class tomorrow and then it will be a mad house to get everything packed and ready to go before the flight out.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

My expierence to the Dominican, working with Makarios was such a blessed one. I pray that you are blessed, and that you are a blessing in your service.

Read my Jan 4 blog and let me know what you're thinking. Thank you.

Serving Him, JOYA