Friday, January 05, 2007

back in the saddle

It is Wednesday night at 11pm. I safely made it to Puerto Plata this afternoon with Alexia. My two and a half weeks in Texas were wonderful and went by so quickly. I was able to see many friends and family. I apologize if you were one of the many that I was only able to say hello to, whether over the phone or in person. I promise that a fun game and good conversation is in order when I return.

Like I said, I am now back in the Dominican Republic, all unpacked and settled, also having the realization that I forgot many things from Houston. Oh well, what can you do? I wanted to write out a few things that are soon to come. Here it goes.

I am excited about classes starting up again on Monday, though still need to lesson plan for the week. My sister Rachel got me a whole lot of things for teaching, it was ridiculously exciting. Lesson planning needs to happen quickly because there is a group of college students from Taylor coming down on Saturday and will be in country for three weeks. This will be the first time since I have been here that we will have had a group staying and work with us for a long period of time. I am excited, but really am not sure what all to expect. Jennie, Alexia, and I are going to spend some time talking about what the dynamics of a group will look like and preparing for there arrival. We will all be bunking up in Alexia’s room while they are here.

I just found out that we will have groups and/or interns here starting tomorrow until the end of March. (Don’t forget also that Jennie is planning a wedding for the end of January). Hopefully we will all adapt to groups being here, otherwise it will be an interesting few months! :) I apologize in advance for not updating often as things are bound to be crazy with so many people in the house. Things are crazy now and it is just the three of us here!!

No comments: