Tuesday, September 08, 2009

these few weeks

Who knew that teaching was so much work?! I guess my lack of posts this month explains it some, but man.

The school year has gone off to a great start. I have a fabulous class with 8 boys and 8 girls. They have a lot of character, and make the class interesting!

The planning and preparing is coming along, maybe not quite as quickly as I would like, but chugging along nonetheless.

I was able to take a break from all the lesson planning and room prepping and spend a night in Austin for Labor Day weekend. I was so excited to catch up with Katie and Val and see Katie's new house and then Leticia, Val, and I went to the football game and watched the Longhorns bring home the W.

Sunday I went to church (its been a while, Austin Stone) and then met the rest of my family at my cousin's house in Lakeway to celebrate her getting married. That night we drove back to Houston to have the next day to rest up.

It was such a great weekend, but so quick. There were a lot of people that I wasn't able to see, but I guess another trip should be planned soon! For now, it's back to grading papers!

No comments: