Sunday, April 04, 2010

john, michael, and david

Life in Houston proves to be keeping me busy these days. I have simply owned the fact that blogs will just have to be written in waves when I have the time to sit and write.

I have been very proud of myself as of late in my spontaneity. There were a handful of concerts that I wanted to go to last month, but had trouble finding people to go with. I almost went solo to a couple of them (because I told myself that I had to go no matter what!), but actually found some concert buddies last minute.

A few weeks back I went to the John Mayer concert with my friend Lindsey. Both being first year teachers, we hadn't spent any time together post August so this was way over due. We bought tickets at the door and decided to see what was best available. So glad we did because we scored AWESOME seats on the 4th row. The concert was incredible. Mayer has mad guitar skills, but is haughty as hell.


Michael Franti and Spearhead opened, who were equally entertaining. So much so that Lindsey bought their album soon after.
The week after, David Gray played in downtown Houston. I had been wanting to go hear him, but never got around to buying tickets. (I refuse to buy them online now because the service charges are just ridiculous). Terry and my step brother Andrew were already planning on going, and come that night (a school night right before spring break), I sadly decided to stay home, rest and get things together for school because I had stayed out late the night before at the rodeo. Shortly thereafter, Terry gives me a call saying that they had 2 extra tickets for the concert! At that point I am in my pajamas with lots of school work around me. I hesitated for about 2 minutes, and then succumbed to the pressure. I called my friend Jessica, picked her up, and got there about 30 minutes after it started. OH MY GOODNESS. David Gray was so good! It was totally worth going, regardless of the work that awaited me at home.


In the past I have been so frugal and not so quick to jump on an opportunity, but that has been changing. It has been great discovering a balance and a happy medium. Please let me know if you are ever in need of a music buddy because I am totally there!

No comments: