Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving

With my mom being the youngest of six kids, our family gatherings tend to get rather large (as in around 50 people. huge!) Thanksgiving was a smaller group this year. There were twelve of us at the house, but we still had a great time.

My mom made pomegranate martinis. Yum! And what family function doesn't involve some sort of margarita and a plethora of beer?! Unfortunately, my body chose to be sick for four days, up through Thanksgiving. So I watched the fun as I sat with a constant sneeze and pounding headache, exactly what you want when you have off of work right?

My family loves to have a good time, and we've got some pretty darn good chefs as well which is a double bonus. My aunt Dee's homemade broccoli cauliflower (a take on broccoli rice casserole) was by far my favorite side dish this year (sorry, Mom).

Sonny and Dee

deliciousness

Evelyn and Rebecca
(how is it that there was only one cousin this year?!)

My mom's Jack Daniels Pie.
Yes, Jack Daniels. Yes, it is amazing.

Look familiar? See if you see the resemblance.


We played Catch Phrase that afternoon (of which I am a pro, sick or not). I found myself laughing so hard because each time the game got passed to the next person, a pair of glasses got passed as well. We eventually stopped using the timer because it took so long for the word to be read. Below is a clip of my grandma once she got the hang of how to play. Meredith and I could not stop laughing at how long it took her to start going and how slow she went. You may not think it is as funny as I do, but I guess I'm bias. Her word was "nature. " Watch as she tries to quickly describe it.

1 comment:

MeredithC said...

hahahahahaha