Wednesday, April 18, 2007

it's a boy!

There is a young couple in Chichigua, Francisco and Mary Jo, who had a baby on Monday. Francisco, otherwise known as Kiko, called me Monday morning to see if I could pick them up and take them to the hospital. (On Mondays I am in the other village, Pancho Mateo). It just so happened that Monday we could not take the car (it has its problems…) and so took public transportation. I was sad that I couldn’t help them out in that way.

That afternoon Alexia met me in Pancho Mateo and told me that she saw the two of them, plus their new baby boy in Chichigua after her class. That night we gathered together a few baby clothes, some baby shampoo, and a couple other things to take the next day.

Cristina and I were able to see him Tuesday morning when we went in to teach. His name is Frankely and he is precious. This is there second child. Their first son, Francisco (Jr.), will turn 2 in a couple of months.

No comments: