Friday, May 11, 2007

9 days and counting


For the past 9 days I have had a new friend, a ringworm, that has decided to make his new home on my arm. It is a perfectly circular, bright red, elevated ring that is itchy and peeling and highly contagious. A ringworm is a fungus, and lots of the kids have them. Their's however are white and found mainly covering their heads. It's hard for people to get rid of them, ringworms will often spread to other family members or children in the villages. I'm hoping to rid me of mine soon though, I bought a cream at the pharmacy, and Katy in Pancho Mateo made me a home remedy that she used before when her son Ismael had 2 on his arm.

My friend Kathryn has been in Argentina for the past 8 months or so and has a ringworm as well. Though most people at first ask if I burned myself, people ask Kathryn if she has a hickey because hers is on her neck! Read her story at:

http://whatsupwithkathryn.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-hate-mushrooms.html

1 comment:

kathryn said...

AHAHAHAHHA!!!!!! you are cracking me up, friend. i love that i'm featured in your blog! i feel your pain...wow! i should post a picture of my ringworm, too. :)