Tuesday, May 15, 2007

happy mothers day

I sent a e-card to my mom that had phrases of what the kids say and what the mom hears. You know how it goes, "Why, yes Mother, we would love to clean our rooms, they are very unkept," and what mom hears, "WHAT?! CLEAN OUR ROOMS, AHHHH!!!!" Well, I had a similar exageration today with a couple of my students (not quite to this extreme).

A little girl named Jeidi told me that Gregorio was climbing up in the guaya tree next to the school house in Pancho Mateo. I told her to tell him "no". She then turned to him and yelled out (in Spanish), "Camille said no, get down, or she is going to give you a spanking." She said that exactly! I couldn't help but smile at how she manipulated my words!

Oh, the joys that are to come when I get to experience this regularly when I have kids of my own...

No comments: