Monday, July 13, 2009

42nd street

Last night Meredith and I went to see the musical 42nd Street at Miller Outdoor Theater. The theater is also known as Theater Under the Stars, it is an outdoor theater in Herman Park that puts on free shows to the Houston public.

I hadn't been there since I was a kid, but it hasn't changed at all in the 42 years that it has been open. (Only fitting that 42nd Street is the musical playing during the theater's 42nd year).

Like I said, all seats are free. There are covered seats at the front, where a ticket is required (and can be picked up the morning of the performance), behind the seating area is a large hill where everyone else sits to enjoy the show.

I am continually amazed at all the things that are in Houston to do; it's really fun discovering it all. This was a great weekend to say the least, but today is Monday and it's now time for work.

No comments: