Wednesday, July 01, 2009

operations

This summer at Yellowstone I have been working as the interim Operations Manager, attempting to keep this organization running and learning more about how a school operates. Man, it is an enormous production!

I have been so grateful for the opportunity, not only for the experience, but the exposure. Just today I worked with this guy from a gate company to fix our automated gate and get it set on a timer. There is such power in knowledge! I now fully know everything about our gates. I also got off the phone with a fire company a few minutes ago who agreed to lower their prices in order to get our business. That was a good feeling.

I fully know now that this is not a career that I see myself doing long term, it is not my skill set whatsoever which is okay, I have enough friends in the business world! I certainly do feel much more like a businesswoman though!

No comments: