Monday, July 13, 2009

saturday

My friend Alex is in town from Turkey for the summer and had people over to her house so that she could tell us about her time there and show pictures. It was really great to see her and hear more about what all she did. It made me want to go back and visit the DR even more so than I already do.

That night I met up with a few friends at this place called the Gallant Knight. I had never heard of the place before, but come to find out that it used to be THE place to go in Houston, but shut down several years ago. It (re)opened about 3 weeks ago at a new location, which is conveniently located 5 minutes from my house.

I cannot tell how cool this place was! I walk along the patio outside and go in, only to hear a live band playing Proud Mary by Tina Turner and see everyone out on the dance floor. Yes, this place has live jazz music and everyone was really into it. Saturday was like a tribute to Motown, every song they played kept getting better and better! Oh I had so much fun!

No comments: