Tuesday, July 06, 2010

bootleg

As most of you know, I have a ghetto-fabulous camera. All the tiny screws have come out, so there is nothing that holds the front and back covers on the camera. Like I said, ghetto.

I don't know how many times people have mentioned getting it fixed or getting a new camera all together.

Well, last Friday the inevitable happened- my camera stopped working. Saturday morning I took it to some camera shop on the beach to see if it could be fixed. I mean, I wasn't about to let the rest of my Dominican vacation go undocumented!

Now, things in this country can be extremely bootleg, but even all the Dominicans in the store were laughing at how crazy my camera was! Believe it or not and all laughing aside, he was able to fix the camera! Yes! With a little bit of spray to get all the dust and sand out and a little bit of tape (yes, tape), my camera was fixed.

I took a picture of the man in the store who fixed it so I could make sure that the camera was in fact working. When Leti gets back to the states and uploads all her pictures, hopefully I can show you some that I wasn't able to take. In the meantime, look for pictures from over the weekend- we saw some pretty cool things!

No comments: