Wednesday, July 21, 2010

where's waldo?

Sunday morning I went to the beach early to sit and read and hear the waves crash against the shore- well, that was the plan at least. I forgot one thing, Sunday is the designated day that Dominicans travel from all over the island to go to the beach for the day. They bring music and ice chests of food and drinks, and make it a big party. All of this can be great fun, but not when my plan was to be tranquila.

It was so crowded, kids were literally playing ball OVER my beach chair and people were everywhere so there were constantly people yelling RIGHT behind me to their friends across the way.

I immediately thought of Where's Waldo? or which one of these things is not like the other? I stood out like a soar thumb, the gringa with her ipod and book surrounded by Dominicans going every which way. Sadly, I couldn't get my camera to turn on, but the picture I wanted to capture was of my feet in the beach chair with the deep blue ocean in the background filled with Dominicans swimming in the water.

No comments: