Monday, July 12, 2010

cosas

Friday when I got back from Santiago, I caught up with the girls for a bit and then made my way to Chichigua. Marlena was back from Haiti; her father died there so she had been with family. It was a sudden death, so her mom had been taking it really hard.

Marlena is the mother of Monis, Kikina, Yaina, and Felipe (there's one more too, but these were my students). I have spent a lot of time with them, so it was nice to spend some time with Marlena.

Her husband invited me to ride horses on Sunday (he has them for his job), so I am excited about that. I rode his horse once before when I was living here; everyone in the village got a big kick out of that!

Below are some pictures while in Chichigua with the crazy kiddos.

Rebecca, crazy Franchesca, and her baby sister Estefani

Kikina.
It's a miracle that she is 17 and beautiful and still without kids. Love it!little Wilner
His mom died of AIDS while I was living there. Now his godmother takes care of him.Back to Monte Llano, I needed to go buy some fruit to have something else for dinner besides cereal. (Clearly I need to go back to the market for some groceries…) Kendall offered her bike, and so off I went riding through the town (made me realize what a great thing a bike is to have here!)

I bought a cantaloupe and a mango, and then started to head back on a different route. Rachel was at her house, so I stopped and visited for a while. She really is so great. We had a glass of wine, and soon realized how late it had become.

Robin, Ashley, and Kendall were planning a little neighborhood party that night at the house for Robin as her time finishes here at the end of the month. (Cara's family is still in town, so she was with them at their hotel). Rachel was planning on going, so we put the bike in the back of her truck and headed that way.

The girls made cookies, fruit salad, and banana bread and neighbors brought things too. Most people there I didn’t know, but did see some familiar faces. We had a great time, and it was beautiful seeing Robin spend time with the people she loves in this country.

The hostesses- Kendall, Robin, and Ashley

me and Benjamin

Robin and Maria


No comments: