Friday, July 23, 2010

wrapping up

My last few days in the DR were great. I went with Cara and Jeferson and ran the malecon in Puerto Plata Monday morning (about 4.2 miles! yeah baby!) and spent some time in Pancho Mateo that afternoon visiting with Katy, Judy's family, Yoslena and Francesa, and Sili's family.

Tuesday morning I went to the beach and had breakfast at the German bakery, and then laid in the sun for a few hours and got in the water. There was no one else there; oh, how I love Cabarete! Later that afternoon I went to Chichigua to say bye to everyone. We read "The Three Musketeers" in Spanish.

That night we went and had dinner at Edwin and Elianira's house, a couple that the girls have gotten to know while living in Monte Llano. They have one of the nicest houses I have seen in this country. Read about that night here. Thanks Robin!

Wednesday I went out to Caraballo to see Miguel's family and visit with them some. I didn't even recognize their house because a big front porch was added; it looks awesome! I was really bummed about not getting a picture of them. I took my camera out just to see, and believe it or not it came back to life!

Pictured below are: Aunt China, Maria, Ana holding Marcos (Angelina's baby), Mama Morel, Daniel, and Juan Manuel (Ana's husband Manuel's son). Angelina ran away because her hair wasn't fixed. I chased after her, but it was no use.

Daniel gave me (and Ana) a ride to Pancho Mateo. I spent a lot of time visiting with Sili's family. There have been some really great conversations had there. Before I left it started pouring; Sili walked around with me as I said bye to everyone. I whipped the camera out again at the Cheriza house and got a picture of all the kids, and got one of Sili as well.

Pictured below- Sandy, Eduardo, Ricardo, Manuela, Damalia, Nicauri (who was tiny when I left and had the name Estefani, but apparently their dad didn't like that name as much), and Dionel

No comments: