Friday, July 23, 2010

el fin

On Thursday, Maria told me that I should come to her salon (house) so that she could do my hair so that I would be pretty for the airport. Gotta love Dominican honesty. For some reason, Benjamin wanted to document the whole thing, and since my camera came back to life, he went and got it.

After hair is fixed, Dominicans put their hair in what they call a "tu-be" (I like to think of it as a turban) so that your hair doesn't get messed up. When my hair was all wrapped around my head like a turban, Benjamin yelled out laughing "Camila en tube." I guess its funny seeing non-Dominicans like that or something...


I spent some time with the girls before leaving, sadly they all had to be at work around the time I needed to go to the airport. Never fear- the Dominicans are here! Benjamin and Merlin drove me to the airport along with 2 of their neighbors to see me off.

Beach view from the plane! Until we meet again...

No comments: